MS-101.2 Microsoft 365 Compliance Management
Microsoft 365 Compliance Management focuses on data retention and data loss prevention solutions in Microsoft 365, archiving and retention in Microsoft 365, implementing and managing data governance, and managing search and investigations. The course begins with an introduction to the different solutions that are available in Microsoft 365 for data retention and data loss prevention. This includes an introduction to the key functions and mechanics behind the different solutions to ensure compliance requirements in your organization. You will also learn about the different message encryption methodologies available in Microsoft 365.
The course then takes a detailed look at the planning steps that are necessary to implement data retention policies and archiving rules. You will learn about the different approaches for single services with message retention management and a records center, as well as the new centralized approach of managing all Microsoft 365 data retention in the Security and Compliance Center.
You will then examine the steps needed to implement security and compliance requirements, such as proper organizational role management and the correct technical solutions that meet your business requirements. The course then analyzes how to protect your sensitive business data from being shared in ways that break your compliance rules, including implementing ethical walls and setting up data loss prevention policies.
The course then introduces the latest Microsoft 365 solutions for protecting your sensitive business data on client devices. You will learn how the Microsoft Information Protection solutions work to protect data and documents that leave your managed network perimeter and how to prevent users from accidental or intended sharing of business data with unsecure locations on their clients.
The course concludes by delving deep into eDiscovery investigations to track compliance breaches and manage compliance incidents with the Microsoft 365 tools from the Security and Compliance Center. The course examines how to manage and consolidate admin and user auditing log data from the Microsoft 365 services to provide complete compliance insight into your Microsoft 365 data and processes.
What You’ll Learn
- How to create and configure user, group, and computer accounts
- How to implement Group Policy Objects to enforce standard
- Understand Data Governance in Microsoft 365, including:
- Information Rights Management
- Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (S/MIME)
- Office 365 Message Encryption
- Data Loss Prevention
- Implement In-Place Records Management in SharePoint
- Implement archiving and retention in Exchange
- Create retention policies in the Security and Compliance Center
- Plan their security and compliance needs
- Build ethical walls in Exchange Online
- Create a DLP Policy from a built-in template
- Create a custom DLP policy
- Create a DLP policy to protect documents
- Implement policy tips
- Manage retention in email
- Troubleshoot data governance
- Implement information protection
- Implement Advanced Implementation Protection
- Understand Windows Information Protections
- Search for content in the Security and Compliance Center
- Audit log investigations
- Manage advanced eDiscovery
This course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Admin role and have completed one of the Microsoft 365 work load administrator certification paths.
Microsoft Verified Certificate
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.