MD-101.3 Protecting Modern Desktops and Devices
Every day, more organizations are asking IT to support mobility in the workforce. Modern environments require the Desktop Administrator be able to manage and support phones, tablets, and computers, whether it be owned by the organization or personally owned by the employee. At the same time, IT must still be able to protect the data that these devices access. In this course, the student will be introduced to the key concepts of security in modern management. This course covers authentication, identities, and access, as well as about how to protect these categories. The student will be introduced to Azure Active Directory and learn how to use Microsoft Intune to protect devices and data with compliance policies. Finally, this course will cover key capabilities of Azure Information Protection and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection and how to implement these capabilities.
What You’ll Learn
- Describe the benefits and capabilities of Azure AD
- Manage users using Azure AD with Active Directory DS
- Implement Windows Hello for Business
- Configure conditional access rules based on compliance policies
- Describe the various tools used to secure devices and data
- Implement Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection
The Modern Desktop Administrator must be familiar with M365 workloads and must have strong skills and experience of deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and non-Windows devices. It’s recommended that students complete the Windows 10 courses (MD100), MD101.1, and MD101.2 prior to taking this course.