MB-240.1 Configuring Dynamics 365 for Field Service
More and more organizations are relying on mobile work forces to deliver their products and services to their customer. Dynamics 365 for Field Service helps organizations better position themselves in the market by providing a variety of tools that assist in efficiently identifying and scheduling resources as well as assisting in managing workloads for mobile workers.
This course, regardless of you experience with Dynamics 365’s Field Service application will equip students with the skills necessary to identify and configure the key components that are used to deliver Field Service and mobile solutions. Key topics include identifying where to begin and as well as the organizational considerations that will drive configuration decisions. Additionally, it will focus on common configuration aspects such as product and pricing considerations, work order and system configuration, resource planning and configuration, as well as many additional topics critical to implementation success.
This course helps students better understand the bigger picture and end goals focused around implementations that aid in designing more efficient solutions that align with customer and organizational goals.
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key components involved in Field Service Implementations.
- Define the products and services that will be delivered to customers.
- Determine which pricing options to use in specific scenarios.
- Determine which resources are required.
- Configure the system to support resource needs.
- Define commonly reported issues and template them for easier consumption.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic understanding of Dynamics 365 features, functionality, and navigation.
- Familiarity with Dynamics 365 configuration is helpful.
Module 1: Configure Field Service
After completing this module, students will be able to setup key field service components such as mapping functionality, products & services, and tax codes.
- Field Service configuration overview and considerations
- Where to begin
- Working with mapping
- Determining customization needs
- Defining Products and Services
- Creating Field Service Products and Services
- Field Service Pricing
- Working with Multiple Price Lists
- Defining Tax Codes
- Tax Code Considerations
- Working with Tax Groups
Module 2: Resource Scheduling Configuration
After completing this module, students will be able to setup key field service components such as organizational units, territories, resource roles and skills, as well as defining account preferences.
- Mapping and Location Information
- Defining Organizational Units
- Defining Territories
- Working with Work Order Types and Statuses
- Configuring Resource Components
- Defining Resource Roles
- Resource Skills and Certifications
- Developing Proficiency Models
- Defining Account Preferences
- Address geo-coding
- Defining service preferences
- Preferred and Restricted Technicians
Module 3: Defining and configuring bookable resources
After completing this module, students will be able to setup field service resources, define location information, work with facility resources, and configure resource crews and pools.
- Defining Bookable Resources
- Bookable Resource Types
- Resource location information
- Working hours and work hour templates
- Additional consideration options
- Resource Pools, Crews, & Facilities
- Defining Facility Resources
- Defining Crews
- Defining Resource Pools
Module 4: Working with and Configuring Incidents
After completing this module, students will be able to setup and configure incident types to aid in easy population of work order details such as products, services, and tasks.
- Creating Incidents
- Creating incidents
- Defining incident details
- Using Service Tasks
- Working with Service Tasks
- Defining Services Tasks
- Defining Products, Services, and Skills
- Adding Products
- Defining Services
- Working with Skills
- Additional Considerations
Microsoft Verified Certificate
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.