INF261X Enterprise Security Hands-On Lab
About this course
The Enterprise Security Hands-On Lab provides a simulated environment in which you must detect, protect, and respond to a cyber threat at a fictitious company.
Note: This course is pilot course that will be run for one month to gather performance metrics.
Please note, the hands-on lab for this course must be completed in one session. It cannot be paused and restarted. Please allow yourself the entire 4-8 hours to finish the hands-on lab in one attempt.
What you'll learn
This hands-on lab will test your ability in the following areas:
- How to defend your "company" from multi-step attack scenarios from simulated hackers.
- Discover how your network and services are vulnerable to hacker attacks.
- Understand how to implement security controls and prioritize the restoration of compromised services.
- Enable students to evaluate various Microsoft and non-Microsoft security services.
A full understanding of the following:
- Windows administration skills.
- Operating system hardening techniques.
- Understand Group Policy
- Event logging
- Principle of least privilege
- Tools or techniques to stop malware execution.
- Securing protocols for remote access.
- Identifying malicious or misconfigured access rights.
- Tools or techniques to stop lateral movement.
- Knowledge on how restore secure access rights after Active Directory compromise.
- Understanding Kerberos authentication.
- SMB protection
- Browser Developer Tools
- Scenario 1: Front end attack using an e-mail that leads a compromise of a host and user's credential theft
- Scenario 2: Data leak attack focuses data discovery and protection methods
- Scenario 3: Web server attack that leads to defacement/data leak