INF258X Windows 10 Security Features
About this course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Cybersecurity.
Looking to stay ahead of the security curve? As you get to know the new security architecture and features of Windows 10—and learn to deploy them—gain the insights and knowledge you'll need for the future.
Microsoft security engineers have hardened the operating system at every layer of the stack, reducing the attack surface with new security features that help protect against a range of threats. Join a team of experts to explore the ever-increasing levels of security within Windows 10.
You'll start with the Windows 10 defensive stack, including bundled security features.
Configure endpoint security, review additional security tools, like Windows Information Protection and Windows Defender Exploit Guard. In this course, you'll get practical details on built-in, end-to-end protections and support for the larger ecosystem of ISV and OEM partners.
Skill up to face down today’s security threats with hands-on virtualized lab exercises, demos, quizzes, and a final exam. The following team of recognized experts contributed to this course: Andrew Warren, Lesley Kipling, Erdal Ozkaya, Neil Carpenter, Sami Laiho, Raymond Comvalius, Seth Moore, Michiko Short, Mike Terrill, Amitai Rottem, Randy Treit.
What you'll learn
- The current nature of the security threat landscape
- The new security architecture and features of Windows 10 that mitigate threats
- Insights into the security services bundled with Windows 10 latest edition
- Knowledge of the supporting security external infrastructure
- The new security baseline configurable using Group Policy Objects (GPO)
Windows 10 Defensive Stack
- A look how Windows 10 uses advanced features of current hardware
- Software based security features of Windows 10 Anniversary release
New security features of Windows 10 Creator update 1703
- Remote Credential Guard
- Windows Information Protection
- Windows Defender SmartScree
Additional Security Tools
- Windows Hello for Business
- Windows Defender Application Guard
- Windows 10 platform resilience against the Petya ransomware attack
Microsoft Verified Certificate
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.