INF251X PowerShell Security Best Practices
About this course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Cybersecurity.
This course that will teach students how to securely accomplish administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell 5.x. Students will review PowerShell fundamentals, learn Powershell operational security, and configuration management.
Students will also learn how to use administration tools such as Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Just Enough Administration (JEA) to configure and secure servers. This course also looks at new threats, new exploits, the ever-changing attack surface, and how to remediate them.
What you'll learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the architecture of PowerShell;
- Deploy PowerShell operational security;
- Analyze PowerShell Auditing and Logging;
- Enhance server management with Desired State Configuration and Just Enough Administration;
- Analyze and debug scripts;
- Understand PowerShell based exploits and their remediation.
- PowerShell Fundamentals
- PowerShell Operational Security
- Configuration management
- Delegation of Administration
- PowerShell Auditing and Logging
- PowerShell-based exploits and their remediation
In addition to their professional experience, students should have:
- Experience with Windows networking
- Experience with Windows Server administration
- Experience with using Windows PowerShell