DEVOPS200.3X Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in DevOps.
This course provides knowledge and skills to implement the DevOps practices of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and Microsoft Azure.
The course will provide knowledge of continuous integration builds, automated testing and continuous delivery and deployment build, test, and release to the next level by understanding how they function within a DevOps development environment.
The course will also cover how VSTS integrates with third party and OSS tools, such as Git and Jenkins,
The course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in crossing over into development territory towards the goal of establishing a DevOps culture, and Developers who want to learn more about the development processes of DevOps in order to extend upon Agile processes for rapid delivery.
Students curious about DevOps practices as a culture shift, but do not have extensive experience with VSTS or Microsoft Azure, should be able to follow the procedural and expository explanations of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Configure Git and TFVC version control options for Continuous Integration
- How to manage Technical Debt and the sources and impact of it.
- How to create a continuous integration build using VSTS
- Package Management Integration options such as NuGet, SemVer, GitVersion and others.
- Agents and Pipelines, including how to release pipelines
- Continuous Delivery and Release Management strategies
- Integrating automated testing into your release pipelines using Selenium, Coded UI Testing, Microsoft Test Manager
- Understand the various availability and performance testing options
- Automated provisioning and de-provisioning of infrastructure and databases D
- Deployment groups, feature flags and recovery automation
- Database deployment in release pipelines
- Continuous deployment with Jenkins and VSTS
- Experience working in an organization delivering software, either in development or in operations.
- Knowledge and experience working with Cloud based solutions, experience using Microsoft Azure.
Module 0: Welcome to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Course Overview
- Before Starting This Course
- Pre-Course Survey
Module 1: Continuous Integration
- Continuous Integration
- Pipelines and Agents
- Technical Debt
- Module 1 Review Questions
Module 2: Package Management
- Package Management
- Module 2 Review Questions current section
Module 3: Continuous Delivery
- Release Pipelines
- Environments and Tasks
- Test Automation
- Advanced Delivery
- Module 3 Review Questions
Module 4: Continuous Deployment
- Continuous Deployment
- Advanced Continuous Deployment
- Module 4 Review Questions
Module 5: Practice Labs
- Practice Labs
Final Exam (Graded)
- Final Exam(Graded)
- Post-Course Survey