CLD254X IT Support: Documentation
About This Course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in IT Support.
This course dives deep into the case management process and how to identify key issues that need to be documented throughout the evolution of a case. You will examine the reasons why documentation is so critical in the field of IT Support, and why it is so crucial for capturing all viewpoints within case documentation, from the support agent, to the customer, and to any other internal resource who may get involved.
The course begins with an analysis of how to document different types of support cases, from advisory cases to reactive cases to escalated cases. The course then introduces you to various types of tools used to document cases. And finally, the course concludes with an examination of the different types of questions that a support agent needs to ask and document based on specific workflow situations.
At the completion of the course, the student will have a greater appreciation for the importance of maintaining complete, detailed, and accurate documentation and when and how to apply that knowledge.
This is the last in a series of four courses that are targeted to individuals who are considering a move into IT Support. This course is a follow up on the IT Support Troubleshooting course.
What you'll learn
- Understand what an advisory case is and identify the key requirements that should be documented for such a case
- Understand what a reactive case is and identify the key requirements that should be documented for such a case
- Understand what the key requirements are that should be documented when escalating a case, as well as when to conduct warm transfers
- Examine the types of tools that are commonly used to capture customer data
- Identify key questions that should be asked during different phases of the case management life cycle
- Identify key questions that should be asked when encountering specific problem situations
Microsoft Verified Certificate
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.