AZ-100.3 Deploying and Managing Virtual Machines
This course teaches IT Professionals how to create and manage virtual machines as part of an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) computing infrastructure. Students learn how to assess their on-premises environment for virtual machine readiness in preparation for moving resources to the cloud, including sizing, pricing, and design considerations.
Students also learn how to create and deploy virtual machines in Azure, using the Azure portal, PowerShell, and ARM templates. The course includes instruction on deploying custom images and Linux virtual machines. Students also learn how to configure the networking and storage components of virtual machines. Deploying highly available virtual machines is critical in the light of planned and unplanned events, and students learn how to use availability sets to ensure that virtual machine resources are available during downtime. Students also learn how to use extensions and Desired State Configuration (DSC) for post deployment automation and configuration tasks.
Finally, students learn how to perform virtual machine backups, and to use Azure’s monitoring capabilities to collect, view, and analyse virtual machine diagnostic and log data.
What You’ll Learn
- Explain virtual machine usage cases, storage options, pricing, operating systems, networking capabilities, and general planning considerations.
- Create Windows virtual machines in the Azure Portal, with Azure PowerShell, or using ARM Templates.
- Deploy custom server images and Linux virtual machines.
- Configure virtual machine networking and storage options.
- Implement virtual machine high availability, scalability, and custom scripts extensions.
- Backup, restore, and monitor virtual machines.
Successful Cloud Administrators start this role with experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking.
Microsoft Verified Certificate
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.