40501 Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Container and DevOps Training from Solartech
Build a PoC to deliver a multi-tenant web app hosting solution for medical conferences leveraging Azure Container Service, Docker, and Linux nodes.
This 1-day workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Prerequisites for Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Container and DevOps (40501)
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials
At course completion of this Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Container and DevOps (40501)
Students will be better able to deploy Azure Container Service through scale, load balancing, and service discovery. In addition,
* Create & run a Docker Application
* Deploy to the Azure Container Service
* Scale the application and test availability
Course Outline for Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Container and DevOps (40501)
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Containers and DevOps
- Review the customer case study
- Call to action:Design a proof of concept solution
- Call to action:Present the solution
Module 2: Hackathon - Containers and DevOps
- Before the Hackathon
- Environment setup
- Create and run a Docker application
- Deploy the solution to Azure Container Service
- Scale the application and test HA
- Setup load balancing and service discovery