MS-900T01 Microsoft 365 Fundamentals training from Solartech
This 2-day course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services. You will be introduced to Microsoft Azure, and you will examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus Microsoft 365 cloud services, a review of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
Prerequisites for Microsoft 365 Fundamentals MS-900T01
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
- General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment
- General (sales level) experience on corresponding Microsoft on-premises products, such as Exchange Server, SharePoint, Office Professional, AD RMS and others
- Experience addressing business/legal/security requirements for IT
At course completion of this Microsoft 365 Fundamentals MS-900T01
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Use Windows troubleshooting and monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoot Windows installations.
- Troubleshoot application installation issues.
- Troubleshoot web browser settings.
- Troubleshoot Windows authentication.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues related to Windows machines.
Course Outline for Microsoft 365 Fundamentals MS-900T01
Module 1: Understanding Cloud Fundamentals
- Cloud Computing Overview
- Microsoft Cloud Services
- Migration to cloud services
Lab : Cloud Fundamentals
- Exercise 1: Determine the appropriate cloud model (paper-based lab)
Module 2: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 core services
- Microsoft on-premise services vs. Microsoft 365 cloud services
- Enterprise Mobility in Microsoft 365
- Collaboration in Microsoft 365
Lab : Enabling and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
- Exercise 1: Activating and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
- Exercise 2: Exploring the Microsoft 365 user and admin portal
- Exercise 3: Configuring new user and group accounts
Module 3: Security, Compliance, Privacy and Trust in Microsoft 365
- Organization security overview
- Identity basics
- Devices and data protection
- Compliance in Microsoft 365
Lab : Security in Microsoft 365
- Exercise1: Managing users and devices in Azure Active Directory
- Exercise2: Evaluate Identity Protection
- Exercise3: Explore tools for compliance
Module 4: Subscriptions and support in Microsoft 365
- Microsoft 365 Subscriptions, licenses, and billing
- Support in Microsoft 365
Lab : Managing subscriptions, licensing and support in M365
- Exercise 1: Explore interfaces for billing and subscriptions
- Exercise 2: Add trial licenses to the tenant
- Exercise 3: Review support options