Welcome to Microsoft Project 2013: Level 2. This 1 day course is designed to familiarize you with the advanced features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2013 so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
In Microsoft Project 2013: Level 1, you learned the basic features of Microsoft Project Professional 2013 during the planning phase of a project. You gained the knowledge and skills to:
- Create a new project plan. This includes starting a blank project file or starting a project file from a template.
- Manage time in a project plan. This includes changing the project time frame and calendar.
- Manage tasks in a project plan. This includes adding tasks and linking them together into paths.
- Manage resources in a project plan. This includes adding people, equipment, and materials to a project and assigning them to tasks.
- Share a project plan. This includes saving, printing, emailing, and exporting project files.
Microsoft Project 2013: Level 2 covers the advanced knowledge and skills a project manager needs to update a project plan in Project 2013 during the execution, monitoring, and controlling phases of a project. In other words, once your project plan is approved by the project sponsor, this course will enable you to manage the project so that it is completed on time, within budget, and according to scope.
Each lesson in this course is built around the executing, monitoring, and controlling tasks that can be accomplished using the advanced commands found on one of these Project 2013 tabs: PROJECT, TASK, VIEW, or REPORT. This will enable you to become a "power user" and leverage the full potential of the application.
You can also use this course to prepare for the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Microsoft Office Project 2013 certification.
Students taking this course are responsible for managing projects in a work environment. This includes creating and maintaining project plans.
Prerequisites for this Microsoft Project 2013: Level 2:
To ensure your success in this course, you should be able to create a new project plan, manage time in a project plan, manage tasks in a project plan, manage resources in a project plan, and share a project plan. This can be accomplished by taking the following course: Microsoft Project 2013: Level 1.
At Completion of this Microsoft Project 2013: Level 2:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to engage in advanced management of a project plan using Microsoft Project 2013. You will:
- Manage the project environment.
- Manage task structures.
- Generate project views to manage a project.
- Produce project reports to share a project’s status.
Course Outline for this Microsoft Project 2013: Level 2:
Lesson 1: Managing the Project Environment
Lesson 2: Managing Task Structures
Lesson 3: Generating Project Views
Lesson 4: Producing Project Reports