Welcome to Microsoft Project 2013: Level 1. This 1 day course is designed to familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2013 so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project 2013 during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project 2013 and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
You can also use this course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft Project 2013.
Students taking this course are responsible for managing projects in a work environment. This includes creating and maintaining project plans.
Prerequisites for this Microsoft Project 2013: Level 1:
To ensure your success in this course, you should have:
- basic project management knowledge and skills
- You should also have basic knowledge and skills for using any current Windows operating system—preferably Windows 8
- Finally, you should have competency in using other Microsoft Office applications—preferably Office 2013. You can take any of the Office 2013 course offerings from Logical Operations.
At Completion of this Microsoft Project 2013: Level 1:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to create and engage in basic management of a project using Microsoft Project Professional 2013. They will:
- Create a new project plan.
- Manage time in a project plan.
- Manage tasks in a project plan.
- Manage resources in a project plan.
- Share a project plan.
Course Outline for this Microsoft Project 2013: Level 1:
Lesson 1: Starting a Project
Lesson 2: Working with Project Calendars
Lesson 3: Working with Project Tasks
Lesson 4: Working with Project Resources
Lesson 5: Delivering a Project Plan