Microsoft Office Word 2016: Part 2 Training from Solartech
Creating professional-looking documents can help you give your organization a competitive edge. Implementing time-saving features such as document templates and automated mailings helps your organization reduce expenses. Mastering these techniques will make you a valued employee in your organization.
This 1 day course covers Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the Word 2016 Exam and the Word 2016 Expert Exam.
This course is designed for students who wish to use Microsoft Word to create and modify complex documents and use tools that allow them to customize those documents.
At course completion of this Microsoft Word 2016: Part 2
In this course, you will learn to create and modify complex documents and use tools that allow you to customize those documents.
- Organize content using tables and charts.
- Customize formats using styles and themes.
- Insert content using quick parts.
- Use templates to automate document formatting.
- Control the flow of a document.
- Simplify and manage long documents.
- Use mail merge to create letters, envelopes, and labels.
Course Outline for Microsoft Word 2016: Part 2
Lesson 1: Organizing Content Using Tables and Charts
- Sort Table Data
- Perform Calculations in a Table
- Create a Chart
- Add an Excel Table to a Word Document (Optional)
Lesson 2: Customizing Formats Using Styles and Themes
- Create and Modify Text Styles
- Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Apply Document Themes
Lesson 3: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Insert Building Blocks
- Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 4: Using Templates to Automate Document Formatting
- Create a Document Using a Template
- Create and Modify a Template
- Manage Templates with the Template Organizer
Lesson 5: Controlling the Flow of a Document
- Control Paragraph Flow
- Insert Section Breaks
- Insert Columns
- Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 6: Simplifying and Managing Long Documents
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert a Table of Contents
- Insert an Ancillary Table
- Manage Outlines
- Create a Master Document
Lesson 7: Using Mail Merge to Create Letters, Envelopes, and Labels
- The Mail Merge Feature
- Merge Envelopes and Labels