Microsoft Office Outlook 2016: Part 2
In this course, you will customize command sets, configure mail accounts, set global options, perform advanced searches, apply filters to intercept mail and control spam, create rules to automate many management tasks, work with calendars and contacts, manage tasks, protect data with archiving and data files, as well as share and delegate access to your workspaces. In short, you'll work with a wide range of features and options and, in so doing, understand why Outlook is a leading personal management system.
This course builds upon the foundational knowledge presented in the Microsoft ® Office Outlook® 2016: Part 1 course and will help you customize a communication system well-suited to your work styles. In addition, this course will help you prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft Outlook 2016.
This 1 day course is intended for people who have a basic understanding of Microsoft® Windows® and want to know how to use Outlook’s advanced features to manage their email communications, calendar events, contact information, search functions, and other communication tasks.
This course is also designed for students who are preparing for the Microsoft Office Specialist certification and who want to prepare for Microsoft Outlook 2016.
At course completion of this Microsoft Outlook 2016: Part 2
In this course, you will use Outlook’s advanced features to customize and manage your email communications, including using advanced features to organize emails; managing calendar settings and options; managing contact information; scheduling tasks; and managing Outlook backups and data file settings.
- Modify messages and set global options.
- Organize, search, and manage messages.
- Manage your mailbox.
- Automate message management.
- Work with calendar settings.
- Manage contacts and groups.
- Manage activities by using tasks.
- Share workspaces with others.
- Manage Outlook data files.
Course Outline for Microsoft Outlook 2016: Part 2
Lesson 1: Modifying Messages and Setting Global Options
- Insert Advanced Characters and Objects
- Modify Message Settings and Options
- Configure Global Outlook Options
- Customize the Outlook Interface
Lesson 2: Organizing, Searching, and Managing Messages
- Group and Sort Messages
- Filter and Manage Messages
- Search Outlook Items
Lesson 3: Managing Your Mailbox
- Use the Junk E-Mail Filter to Manage Messages
- Manage Your Mailbox
Lesson 4: Automating Message Management
- Use Automatic Replies
- Use the Rules Wizard to Organize Messages
- Create and Use Quick Steps
Lesson 5: Working with Calendar Settings
- Set Advanced Calendar Options
- Create and Manage Additional Calendars
- Manage Meeting Responses
Lesson 6: Managing Contacts
- Import and Export Contacts
- Use Electronic Business Cards
- Forward Contacts
Lesson 7: Managing Activities by Using Tasks
- Assign and Manage Tasks
Lesson 8: Sharing Workspaces with Others
- Delegate Access to Outlook Folders
- Share Your Calendar
- Share Your Contacts
Lesson 9: Managing Outlook Data Files
- Use Archiving to Manage Mailbox Size
- Back Up Outlook Items
- Change Data File Settings