Advances in technology have made it possible to store ever increasing amounts of data. Along with this, the need to analyze that data and gain actionable insight is greater than ever. You already have experience working with Excel and creating basic PivotTables to summarize data. But, Excel is capable of doing much more. Being able to harness the power of advanced PivotTable features and create PivotCharts will help you to gain a competitive edge. You will not only be able to summarize data for you to analyze, but also organize the data in a way that can be meaningfully presented to others. This leads to data-driven business decisions that have a better chance for success for everyone involved.
This 1 day course are experienced Excel users who are seeking to advance their data analysis capabilities by using PivotTables.
At course completion of this Microsoft Excel 2016: Data Analysis with PivotTables
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Excel 2016 advanced PivotTable functionality to analyze your raw data.
- Prepare data for PivotTable reporting and create PivotTables from various data sources.
- Analyze Data Using PivotTables.
- Work with PivotCharts.
Course Outline for Microsoft Excel 2016: Data Analysis with PivotTables
Lesson 1: Preparing Data and Creating PivotTables
- Prepare Data
- Create a PivotTable from a Local Data Source
- Create a PivotTable from Multiple Local Data Sources
- Create a PivotTable from an External Data Source
Lesson 2: Analyzing Data Using PivotTables
- Summarize PivotTable Data
- Organize PivotTable Data
- Filter PivotTable Data
- Format a PivotTable
- Refresh and Change PivotTable Data
Lesson 3: Working with PivotCharts
- Create a PivotChart
- Manipulate PivotChart Data
- Format a PivotChart