Your training and experience using Microsoft® Access® 2016 has given you basic database management skills, such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design, write advanced queries, structure existing data, validate data entered into a database, and customize reports. Extending your knowledge of Microsoft Access 2016 will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
You can also use the course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft Access 2016.
This 1 day course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases, performing database maintenance, or creating advanced queries and reports.
At course completion of this Microsoft Office Access 2016: Part 2
In this course, you will create and manage an Access 2016 database.
- Design a relational database.
- Join tables to retrieve data from unrelated tables.
- Validate data entered into a database.
- Use advanced queries to manipulate your data.
- Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
- Customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
Course Outline for Microsoft Office Access 2016: Part 2
Lesson 1: Designing a Relational Database
- Relational Database Design
- Create a Table
- Create Table Relationships
Lesson 2: Joining Tables
- Create Query Joins
- Relate Data Within a Table
- Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 3: Using Data Validation
- Use Field Validation
- Use Form and Record Validation
Lesson 4: Creating Advanced Queries
- Create Parameter Queries
- Summarize Data
- Create Subqueries
- Create Action Queries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Lesson 5: Organizing a Database for Efficiency
- Data Normalization
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve Table Structure
Lesson 6: Using Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Include Control Formatting in a Report
- Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Add a Subreport to an Existing Report