INF253X Managing Identity
About this course
With identity as the new perimeter in today’s security landscape, it’s important to keep up on the latest ways to manage it. Identity—which defines what protocols you’re allowed to use, who you’re allowed to interact with, and what you’re allowed to do—has evolved significantly in the last few years.
In this security course, go beyond the firewall and ports, and learn practical steps and prescriptive guidance on identity management, based on proven, real-world experience from Microsoft Incident Response teams.
Start with a conceptual look at identity, explore Active Directory best practices, find out how to secure Azure Active Directory, and then get hands-on with a combination of videos, text, and hosted labs.
You will create a protective bastion host for an existing domain, configure Privilege Access Management (PAM) and Just in Time Administration (JIT), install JRE, and set up Microsoft Identity Manager. With successful course completion, you will understand the hows and whys of improving the security posture of your environment, and get started implementing and managing identity as part of your cybersecurity defense plan.
What you'll learn
- How identity is the new control plane, the perimeter that is replacing the firewall.
- The recommended steps to secure Active Directory.
- Azure Security Architecture and the Identity Federation and access solutions supported by Azure architecture.
- How Kerberos and Privilege Attribute Certification function.
Module 1: Managing Identity, the new Control Plane
Module 2: Securing Active Directory
Module 3: Azure Active Directory
Module 4: Authentication and Authorization in Active Directory
- Experience with Windows Client administration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Introductory level knowledge of Active Directory
- Be good at accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands.
Microsoft Verified Certificate
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.