INF220X Windows Server 2016: Securing Identities and Information
About this course
IT Administrators must implement secure identity management solutions across multiple devices, platforms, and applications. Windows Server 2016 enhances their ability to do just that, and to implement effective identity management within their environments.
In this course, you will implement various technologies to effectively manage this process, including Active Directory Federation Service (AD FS), Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM), Privileged Access Management (PAM), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), and Just Enough Administration (JEA).
Administrators need to understand important security concepts like principle of least privilege, authentication and encryption protocols, user account life cycle, and more, in conjunction with the technologies themselves. This course will provide you with an overview of the concepts and processes as well as the technologies.
What you'll learn
- How to use Active Directory Federation Service (AD FS) to provide federated identity and single sign-on to your users.
- Implementation of Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM) to seamlessly bridge multiple on-premises authentication stores.
- Utilization of Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) to help safeguard digital information from unauthorized use.
- How to use Just Enough Administration (JEA) to effectively delegate and restrict administrator privileges.
- Experience with Windows Server administration.
- Experience with Active Directory technologies.
- Windows PowerShell will be the preferred tool when implementing features in this course.
Microsoft Verified Certificate:
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.