DEV212X Introduction to DevOps
About this course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program Certificate in Front-End Web Development.
DevOps is the union of people, process and products to enable the continuous delivery of value to end users. It aims to create a culture and environment where building, testing, and releasing software can happen rapidly, frequently, and more reliably, so you can innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. By taking this introductory DevOps course, you’ll be able to define DevOps, understand why you need DevOps, and learn how you can get started with DevOps. You’ll learn the key ideas and techniques to bring development and operations together to produce higher-quality software and deliver it more quickly.
What you'll learn
- Explain the need to do DevOps.
- Understand the DevOps foundations, principles, and practices.
- Understand, analyze, and map value streams.
- Explain and implement the deployment pipeline.
- Illustrate the concept of Continuous Delivery.
- Create a problem solving culture.
- Explain the concepts of blameless postmortems.
- Monitor meaningful infrastructure and business metrics.
- Converge change management and DevOps.
- Understand how resilience engineering and safety culture are critical to DevOps success.
- Create a learning organization.
Welcome & Introduction
Chapter 1: Why Do DevOps?
Chapter 2: Understanding the Value Stream
Chapter 3: Getting Started with DevOps
Chapter 4: The First Way - Accelerate Flow
Chapter 5: The Second Way - Amplify Feedback Loops
Chapter 6: The Third Way - Accelerate Learning
Microsoft Verified Certificate
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.