DAT263X Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI)
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence will define the next generation of software solutions. This computer science course provides an overview of AI, and explains how it can be used to build smart apps that help organizations be more efficient and enrich people’s lives. It uses a mix of engaging lectures and hands-on activities to help you take your first steps in the exciting field of AI.
Discover how machine learning can be used to build predictive models for AI. Learn how software can be used to process, analyze, and extract meaning from natural language; and to process images and video to understand the world the way we do. Find out how to build intelligent bots that enable conversational communication between humans and AI systems.
Note: The practical elements of this course are based on Microsoft Azure, and require an Azure subscription. Instructions for signing up for a free trial subscription are provided with the course materials, or you can use an existing Azure subscription if you have one.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Build simple machine learning models with Azure Machine Learning;
- Use Python and Microsoft cognitive services to work with text, speech, images, and video;
- Use the Microsoft Bot Framework to implement conversational bots.
- Machine Learning – The Foundation of AI
- Text and Speech – Understanding Language
- Computer Vision – Seeing the World Through AI
- Bots – Conversation as a Platform
- Next Steps
- High-school level math and statistics.
- A basic knowledge of programming – Python would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- A willingness to learn through exploration and perseverance.
Microsoft Verified Certificate
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.