DAT202.2X Implementing Real-Time Analytics with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
About This Course
In this four week course, you’ll learn how to implement low-latency and streaming Big Data solutions using Hadoop technologies like HBase, Storm, and Spark on Microsoft Azure HDInsight.
Note: To complete the hands-on elements in this course, you will require an Azure subscription and a Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X client computer. You can sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions. It is possible to complete the course and earn a certificate without completing the hands-on practices.
This course is the second in a series that explores big data and advanced analytics techniques with HDInsight; and builds on the batch processing techniques learned in DAT202.1x: Processing Big Data with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight.
- Familiarity with Hadoop clusters and Hive in HDInsight
- Familiarity with database concepts and basic SQL query syntax
- Familiarity with basic programming constructs (for example, variables, loops, conditional logic). Experience with Java or C# is useful but not essential
- A willingness to learn actively and persevere when troubleshooting technical problems is essential
- HBase to implement low-latency NoSQL data stores.
- Storm to implement real-time streaming analytics solutions.
- Spark for high-performance interactive data analysis.
- Module 1:Using HBase for NoSQL Data
- Module 2:Using Storm for Streaming Data
- Module 3:Using Spark for Interactive Analysis
- Module 4:Final Exam
Microsoft Verified Certificate:
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.