This 2-day course students will learn how to optimize an environment to deliver a great user experience. Starting with user end point and Citrix Receiver, the course covers advanced configuration options to optimize the delivery of their apps and desktops. Students continue with enhancing the StoreFront experience through custom branding and advanced customization options. Finally, course attendees will learn how to optimize the VDA for a better experience with printing, user data and multimedia and graphics.
This course is recommended for administrators, engineers, and consultants who are interested in:
- Increasing user adoption
- Customizing user access with StoreFront
- Delivering graphics and multimedia
- Optimizing user settings for a seamless experience
Prerequisites for Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Advanced Concepts - Optimizing the End User Experience (CXD-301)
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have:
- Intermediate understanding of XenApp and/or XenDesktop 7.x
- Intermediate understanding of StoreFront 3.x (StoreFront 2.x is adequate)
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2012 R2
Upon completion of this course, students are able to:
- Determine the best Flexcast delivery model for each user group.
- Build a XenDesktop proof-of-concept environment.
- Configure a XenServer host for desktop delivery.
- Build and configure a production XenDesktop site.
- Manage virtual desktops as a single entity by creating a desktop catalog.
- Modify a desktop image without impacting user productivity.
- Restrict or allow certain XenDesktop features using policies.
- Monitor site activity and troubleshoot issues in Desktop Director.
- Install and configure Provisioning services.
- Copy a desktop image to a virtual disk that can be streamed to virtual and physical target devices.
- Identify the XenClient infrastructure.
- Install and configure Synchronizer for XenClient
Course Outline for Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Advanced Concepts - Optimizing the End User Experience (CXD-301)
Module 1: Understanding User Experience Issues
- Understanding common user issues
- Common misconfigurations that hinder adoption
- Understanding the user workflow
Module 2: Configuring a Seamless Receiver
- Deploying Receiver seamlessly
- Configuring Receiver through ADMX templates
- Configuring Single Sign On authentication
- Enabling simple upgrades for users
- Presentation of apps and desktops through PNAgent
Module 3: Customizing the StoreFront Experience
- Customizing StoreFront appearance and branding with StoreFront 3.0
- Using keywords with StoreFront
- Configuring resource filtering
- Advanced customizations through editing configuration files
- Porting customizations to NetScaler Gateway
- StoreFront launch and session timeouts
Module 4: Optimizing the Logon Process
- Profile redirection and exclusion
- Session prelaunch
- Session lingering
- Printer mapping timing
Module 5: Optimizing HDX Graphics
- Understanding graphics delivery
- Configuring the graphics modes with policies and templates
- Selecting appropriate templates by use case
- Extracting graphics HDX information for troubleshooting
- Reducing bandwidth through policies and settings
- Graphics modes for 3D applications
Module 6: Delivering Multimedia
- HDX Redirection technologies
- Server vs Client fetching and rendering
- Configuring Flash video fallback behavior
- Configuring Windows media redirection and transcoding
Module 7: Configuring for Double Hop HDX Connections
- The double hop scenario
- Drive mapping with double hop
- Client name with double hop
- Printing with double hop