This 2-day course designed for students with previous NetScaler experience, this course is best suited for individuals who will be deploying or managing NetScaler environments.
Learn the skills required to configure and manage NetScaler Citrix Traffic Management features, including Content Switching, Traffic Optimization, and Global Server Load Balancing. At the end of the course, students will be able to configure their NetScaler environments to address efficient traffic switching and resilience requirements including Content Switching, Traffic Optimization, and Disaster Recovery.
Students interested in learning how to implement and manage NetScaler features using leading practices. Specifically:
- Implementers / Engineers
In preparation, students should also gain a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- Basic Networking
- Windows and Linux Server administration
- TCP/IP, HTTP protocols and the OSI model
- Server load balancing and content switching concepts
- Web server software
- DNS, SSL and compression concepts
- Network security threats and site protection concepts
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Optimize the NetScaler system for traffic handling and management
- Customize the NetScaler system for traffic flow and content-specific requirements
- Employ recommended tools and techniques to troubleshoot common NetScaler network and connectivity issues
- Implement NetScaler TriScale technology, including clustering
- Configure advanced load balancing and GSLB on the NetScaler system
AppExpert Classic Policy Engine
- Understand the basics of the NetScaler classic policy engine.
- Describe the NetScaler content-filtering feature and how to configure it.Introduction to the NetScaler System
AppExpert Default Policy Engine
- Describe Default Policy including basic components.
- Discuss the syntax of Default Policy expression.
- Utilize Actions in policy expression evaluation.
- Distinguish key attributes of policy binding and bind types.
- Construct and manage Default Policies with AppExpert.
Rewrite, Responder, and URL Transform
- Describe what the Rewrite feature of NetScaler does and explain how it works.
- Discuss the functionality of Responder policies and how to configure them.
- Apply the benefits of using URL Transformation.
- Explain Content Switching and how it works.
- Discuss the importance of a Content-Switching VServer.
- Distinguish what Content-Switching policies are and how to use them.
- Understand what rule precedence is and the way it affects policies.
- Implement traffic compression in a NetScaler environment.
- Understand the benefits of caching in a NetScaler environment.
- Utilize Front End Optimization to render the web browser more efficient.
Global Server Load Balancing
- Describe the Global Server Load Balancing feature.
- Deploy Domain Name System to support GSLB.
- Implement GSLB in a NetScaler environment.
- Utilize Content Switching to implement GSLB.
- Understand GSLB Metric Exchange Protocol and Monitoring.
- Customize the GSLB Configuration.
- Understand the NetScaler Clustering feature.
- Identify methods for managing and configuring a NetScaler Cluster.
- Discuss options for troubleshooting the NetScaler Cluster.