CLD252X IT Support: Communication
About This Course
This course provides insights into the communication skills and acumen needed to be a successful support agent. Effective communication, both with the customer and with internal resources at your company, is critical to the success of anyone considering a role in IT Support.
The course begins with a review of effective communication strategies that will help you develop a rapport with your customer. You then examine ways to connect with your customer through phone, email, chat, and social media, including a demonstration of empathy and communicating at the customer’s level of expertise. Finally, you examine how to deal with challenging customers and how to defuse a customer’s anger. At the completion of the course, you will have a greater appreciation for the communication skills that a successful support agent needs to develop.
This is the second in a series of four courses that are targeted to individuals who are considering a move into IT Support
What you'll learn
- Introduce effective communication strategies
- Develop a rapport with your customers
- Interpret and paraphrase the customer’s message
- Demonstrate empathy towards your customer
- Review chat etiquette best practices
- Communicate at the customer’s level of expertise
- Differentiate between implicit vs. explicit customer messages
- Understand how to respond effectively through phone, email, chat, and social media
- Satisfy a challenging customer and defuse the customer’s anger
Microsoft Verified Certificate:
For a small fee ($99), once you complete this course, you will receive a Microsoft authenticated Certificate of Completion. This will allow you to showcase your achievement and document your expertise. You will have permission to add the certificate to your resume or post it directly to LinkedIn. If your company has access to Microsoft Software Assurance Training vouchers, you can redeem one voucher for one certificate.