The target audience for this training course is individuals who are interested in learning about the core skills necessary for web development. This course is intended for individuals of all levels. Some light experience with software development is helpful but not necessary.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the historical context and justification for HTML
- Create HTML5 documents
- Use HTML elements to add content to a HTML page
- User hyperlinks to connect various HTML pages together
- Capture user input using forms
- Create content using HTML5 semantic elements
- Create SVG Graphics
- Create CSS stylesheets
- Author sophisticated CSS rule sets and selectors
- Lay out HTML elements using CSS margin and padding
- Implement advanced web applications using jQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap, TypeScript or Sass
Module 1: Creating Web Pages using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
In this module, you will learn how to create a basic HTML document using the core HTML elements. You will learn about the basic structure of an HTML element (content, attributes, etc.) and how they are used in the context of your HTML web pages.
- Introduction to HTML
- Document Structure and Layout
- Basic HTML Elements
- Formatting HTML Elements
Lab : Creating Web Pages using HTML
- Configure your Development Environment
- Using Various HTML Elements on a HTML Page
You will learn how to create a basic HTML document using the core HTML elements.
Module 2: Creating Sophisticated Document Structures using HTML
In this module, you will learn how to use advanced features of HTML such as forms and semantic elements to create more sophisticated HTML documents. You will learn when each of these components are used and their significance in the HTML markup spec. You will also learn how to use components such as SVG and media elements.
- Capturing User Input
- HTML5 Semantic Elements
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- Implementing Media Controls
Lab : Creating Sophisticated Document Structures
- Adding Additional HTML Features to Your Web Page
You will learn how to use advanced features of HTML such as forms and semantic elements to create more sophisticated HTML documents.
Module 3: Designing Web Pages Elements using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
In this module, you will learn how to use CSS to design your HTML web page. You will be introduced to the basic CSS concepts (declaration, rule set, rule, selector, etc.) and implement basic designs using CSS. You will also be introduced to the CSS box model.
- Introduction to CSS
- Style Definitions
- Style Inheritance
- Box Model
Lab : Designing Web Page Elements using CSS
- Styling Your Web Page Using CSS
You will learn how to use CSS to design your HTML web page.
- HTML5 APIs
Module 5: Adding External Libraries to Enhance HTML Applications
Lab : Adding External Libraries to HTML
- Modernize Your Web Page