40076 MVA Workshop: Troubleshooting Windows Systems with SysInternals Tools Training from Solartech
In this one-day MVA Workshop, students will get hands-on practice diagnosing, analyzing, and troubleshooting systems with the Windows Sysinternals suite of tools. This workshop is designed to enhance and extend the learning from the Utilizing Sysinternals Tools for IT Pros Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA) video series. In this workshop, students will explore the most commonly used tools from the Sysinternals suite, including Process Explorer, Process Monitor, PsTools, and Autoruns. As a requirement for the workshop, students are expected to view the MVA videos to prepare for participation in the workshop. In the workshop sessions, a facilitator will lead students through short presentations that review the MVA material, hands-on labs, and class discussions. The majority of the time is spent on hands-on practice and exploration of the tools.
Prerequisites for this MVA Workshop: Troubleshooting Windows Systems with SysInternals Tools (40076):
- Have viewed the Utilizing Sysinternals Tools for IT Pros MVA video course.
- Familiarity with the basics of the Windows architecture
- Working experience and background knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 8-based systems
- Interest in improving the performance of Windows-based devices and solving associated problems
At Completion of this MVA Workshop: Troubleshooting Windows Systems with SysInternals Tools (40076):
- Examine the benefits of the Sysinternals suite of tools.
- Describe the capabilities of the most commonly used tools in the Sysinternals suite.
- Use the Sysinternals tools to effectively troubleshoot Windows client performance issues.
Course Outline for this MVA Workshop: Troubleshooting Windows Systems with SysInternals Tools (40076):
Unit 1: Introducing the SysInternals Tools for Windows Client
Unit 2: Understanding Windows Core Concepts
Unit 3: Exploring Process Explorer
Unit 4: Process Monitor
Unit 5: PsTools
Unit 6: Autoruns