In this 2-day training course by Solartech, get hands-on instruction and practice implementing Microsoft Azure. You will be presented with Basic cloud computing concepts as well as specific Microsoft Azure features used in day to day administration of cloud resources. You will learn key Microsoft Azure concepts and basic implementation of Azure subscriptions, websites, virtual machines, storage, virtual networks, databases and Microsoft Azure Active Directory. This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have a limited knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure. This course provides the underlying knowledge required by all IT professionals who will be using Microsoft Azure, regardless of whether they are an administrator, developer, or database administrator. While this course does not map to an exam, it does provide you with the prerequisite knowledge for taking 20532A:Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions & 20533A:Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- Individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and virtual machines using Microsoft Azure.
- Developers who want to evaluate creating Microsoft Azure solutions.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate the migration of on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Microsoft Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Microsoft Azure to host Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- A basic understanding of websites.
- A basic understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Users, Domain Controllers.
- A basic understanding of database concepts including tables and simple queries.
At Completion of this Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (10979):
- Describe cloud computing, Microsoft Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Describe and create Microsoft Azure websites.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
- Create a Microsoft Azure virtual network.
- Describe Microsoft Azure storage.
- Describe and deploy databases in Microsoft Azure.
- Describe Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- List Microsoft Azure business scenarios.
Course Outline for this Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (10979):
Module 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Azure
This module describes the features of Microsoft Azure and the services it provides. The module also explains how to manage Microsoft Azure by using the Azure portal, Visual Studio, and SQL Server Management Studio. In addition, the module describes how to manage subscriptions and billing.
- What Is Microsoft Azure?
- Microsoft Azure Services
- Managing Azure
- Subscription Management and Billing
Lab : Using the Azure Portal
- Add a Co-Administrator
- View Billing Data
- Describe the features and functionality of Microsoft Azure.
- Describe the services included in Microsoft Azure.
- Describe how to manage Microsoft Azure.
- Explain how to manage subscriptions and billing.
Module 2: Websites and Cloud Services
This module explains the procedures for creating and configuring websites and cloud services. The module also describes how to deploy and monitor websites.
- Create and Configure Websites
- Deploying and Monitor Websites
- Create and Deploying Cloud Services
Lab : Websites and Cloud Services
- Create a WordPress Website
- Create a Cloud Service
- Create and configure websites.
- Deploy and monitor websites.
- Create and deploy cloud services.
Module 3: Virtual Machines
This module describes how to create and configure virtual machines and disks.
- Create and Configure Virtual Machines
- Configure Disks
Lab : Create a Virtual Machine
- Create a Virtual Machine from the Gallery
- Attach a Data Disk
- Connect to a Virtual Machine
- Create and configure virtual machines.
- Configure disks.
Module 4: Virtual Networks
This module provides an overview of virtual networks and also describes the procedure to create one. The module then describes a point-to-site VPN and explains how to set up one.
- Getting Started with Virtual Networks
- Creating a Virtual Network
- Implementing Point to Site
Lab : Create a Virtual Network
- Create a Virtual Network
- Create a Virtual Machine from the Gallery
- Add Point-to-Site Connectivity
- Describe the features of virtual networks.
- Create a virtual network.
- Implement a point-to-site VPN.
Module 5: Cloud Storage
This module describes cloud storage features such as azure storage accounts, BLOBs, tables, and queues. The module also describes how to create and manage storage.
- Understand Storage
- Create and Manage Storage
Lab : Configure Azure Storage
- Create an Azure Storage Account
- Create a BLOB
- Upload Files
- Describe the features of cloud storage.
- Create and manage storage.
Module 6: Microsoft Azure Databases
This module provides an overview of the relational database deployment options. The module also describes how to create and connect SQL databases.
- Understand Relational Database Deployment Options
- Create and Connect to SQL Databases
Lab : Create an SQL Database
- Create a New SQL Database by Using Quick Create
- Add Data to a SQL Database
- Describe the relational database deployment options.
- Create and connect to SQL databases.
Module 7: Azure Active Directory
This module describes how to manage Active Directory objects and how they can be used for identity and access management. The module also describes how to configure authentication by using multi-factor authentication and single sign-on.
- Manage Active Directory Objects
- Manage Authentication
Lab : Create Users in Azure Active Directory
- Create an Active Directory Domain
- Create Users in Azure Active Directory
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Manage authentication.
Module 8: Microsoft Azure Management Tools
This module provides an overview of the tools that you can use to manage Microsoft Azure such as Azure PowerShell, Visual Studio, and Xplat CLI.
- Azure PowerShell
- Visual Studio 2013 and Xplat CLI
Lab : Azure PowerShell
- Install PowerShell Modules
- Connect to your Azure Subscription
- Describe the features and functionality of Azure PowerShell.
- Describe the features and functionality of Visual Studio 2013 and Xplat CLI.