10974 Deploying and Migrating Windows Servers Training from Solartech
This 3-day course get hands-on instruction and practice deploying and migrating roles and services with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this three-day Microsoft Official Course. In this course, you will learn how to plan for and deploy your Windows Server infrastructure in physical, virtual, and cloud environments. You will learn about different deployment methodologies and techniques, as well as general imaging usage and configuration. You will also learn how to use Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and how to work with deployment tools such as the Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit (Windows ADK), the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP), and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). You will also learn how to plan for virtualizing server workloads and considerations around technologies available for networking and storage, as well as considerations for specific applications such as SQL, Exchange, and other application workloads.
This course also focuses on migrating essential components within your server infrastructure to Windows server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. It covers the migration of core infrastructure technologies such as migrating Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). This course also describes in detail the migration of File and Web servers, Hyper-V, Windows Update services (WSUS), and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS). It also covers consideration options available for extending some of your workloads into Microsoft Azure to allow for on- and off-premise as well as hybrid deployment scenarios.
The detailed hands-on labs, and in-depth content and learning provides you the knowledge and skills to deploy and migrate your Windows Server infrastructure and its constituent components with minimal overhead and cost for one-off or large scale deployments.
IT professionals with real-world experience working in an enterprise environment where they are involved in deploying servers and the migration of server roles and services.
IT professionals who work Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 servers and who are preparing for a Windows Server 2012 deployment.
IT professionals who work in small to medium-sized enterprises who manage and are responsible for server deployment and migration.
IT professionals who have skills in other areas and are looking to develop knowledge and skills with Windows Server deployments.
Prerequisites for Deploying and Migrating Windows Servers(10974):
Knowledge and real-world experience working day to day with Windows Servers in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge and experience with core infrastructure technologies such as DNS, DHCP, and AD DS.
- Knowledge and experience with virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V.
- Knowledge and experience with AD CS, WSUS, File, and Web servers. (This is beneficial but is not essential.)
- Some experience working with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2. (This is beneficial but is not essential.)
At Completion of this Deploying and Migrating Windows Servers (10974):
- Prepare to deploy Windows Server 2012.
- Describe the various methods of deploying Windows Server 2012.
- Deploy Windows Server 2012 by using Windows Deployment Services and MDT.
- Plan to virtualize workloads in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Upgrade and migrate core networking services to Windows Server 2012.
- Migrate file services and Web and application servers to Windows Server 2012.
- Upgrade and migrate AD DS to Windows Server 2012.
- Implement Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Microsoft Azure AD).
Course Outline for Deploying and Migrating Windows Servers (10974):
Module 1: Preparing to Deploy Windows Server 2012
- Planning a Windows Server 2012 Implementation
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Configuring and Managing Servers Remotely
- Implementing a Volume Licensing Strategy
Lab : Planning to Implement Windows Server 2012
- Using the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit
Lab : Configuring and Managing Server Core
- Installing Server Core (optional)
- Configuring and Managing Server Core
- Plan Windows Server 2012 deployment.
- Install Windows Server 2012 from local media.
- Configure and manage servers remotely.
- Implement a suitable volume licensing strategy.
Module 2: Deploying Windows Server 2012
- Selecting a Suitable Deployment Method
- The Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit
- Overview of Image Files in the Deployment Process
- Working with Unattended Answer Files
Lab : Deploying Windows Server with Answer Files
- Creating an Answer File
- Using the Answer File to Launch Deployment
- Select an appropriate deployment strategy.
- Use the Windows ADK to perform server deployment.
- Describe how to use image files in the deployment process.
- Work with unattended answer files.
Module 3: Implementing Lite-Touch Deployments
- Overview of MDT 2013
- Implementing Windows Deployment Services to Support Lite-Touch Deployments
- Configuring Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Performing Lite-Touch Deployments
Lab : Implementing Lite-Touch Deployments
- Installing and Configuring MDT
- Creating and Customizing a Task Sequence
- Configuring the Deployment Share
- Performing a Lite-Touch Deployment
- Describe the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2013.
- Describe how to use Windows Deployment Services to support the lite-touch deployment of Windows Server 2012.
- Configure MDT 2013 to support your deployment strategy.
- Perform lite-touch deployments by using MDT 2013.
Module 4: Planning to Virtualize Workloads
- Planning Server Virtualization Deployments
- Implementing Server Virtualization by Using Hyper-V
- Designing Virtual Machines
Lab : Planning to Virtualize Workloads
- Planning a Server Consolidation and Virtualization Strategy
- Evaluating Virtualization Candidates
- Plan the deployment of server virtualization.
- Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V.
- Design virtual machines to support application workloads.
Module 5: Upgrading and Migrating Networking Services
- Migrating the DHCP Server Role
- Migrating the DNS Server Role
- Implementing IPAM
Lab : Upgrading and Migrating Network Services
- Migrating the DHCP Server Role
- Migrating the DNS Server Role
Lab : Implementing IPAM
- Deploying and Configuring IPAM
- Migrate the DHCP server role to Windows Server 2012.
- Migrate the DNS server role to Windows Server 2012.
- Manage IP address spaces with IPAM.
Module 6: Upgrading and Migrating Server Roles
- Upgrading and Migrating File Servers
- Migrating Web and Application Servers
Lab : Migrating File Services
- Preparing to Migrate to the File and Storage Services Role
- Migrating to the File and Storage Services Role
Lab : Preparing and Migrating a Web Server
- Preparing to Migrate a Web Server
- Migrating a Web Server
- Upgrade and migrate file servers to Windows Server 2012.
- Upgrade and migrate web and application servers to Windows Server 2012.
Module 7: Upgrading and Migrating AD DS
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 AD DS Upgrade and Migration
- Upgrading Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2012
- Restructuring an Active Directory Domain
- Migrating Active Directory Certificate Services
Lab : Upgrading AD DS to Windows Server 2012
- Deploying a Windows Server 2012 Domain Controller
- Removing Legacy Domain Controllers
Lab : Migrating AD CS
- Preparing to Migrate AD CS
- Migrating AD CS
- Identify the key components of AD DS migration.
- Upgrade domain controllers to Windows Server 2012.
- Restructure an Active Directory domain.
- Migrate Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
Module 8: Migrating to Microsoft Azure
- Extending Virtualization to the Cloud Environment
- Overview of Azure Active Directory
- Implementing Azure Active Directory
Lab : Implementing Azure Active Directory
- Planning to Implement Microsoft Azure AD for Office 365
- Planning to Implement Microsoft Azure AD for a Cloud-Based Application
- Implementing Azure AD
- Describe how Microsoft Azure can help you extend virtualization into the cloud.
- Describe Microsoft Azure AD.
- Implement Microsoft Azure AD.